Engine rebuild in germany?

Infos für Gäste und registrierte User ohne Vereinsmitgliedschaft

Hallo!

Schön, daß Du unsere Seite gefunden hast. Vielleicht hast Du Dich ja auch bereits bei uns registriert und interessierst Dich nun dafür, wer und was sich hinter dem smart-club Niedersachsen e.V. eigentlich verbirgt, warum wir uns als Verein haben eintragen lassen und warum Du vielleicht sogar ordentliches Mitglied dieses Vereins werden solltest. Der smart-club Niedersachsen e.V. bietet mehr, als nur diese Webseite. Was wir Dir anzubieten haben, kannst Du auf unserer entsprechenden eigens dafür eingerichteten Info-Seite nachlesen. Bitte folge einfach dem Link unten.

Viel Spaß bei der Lektüre! Wir würden uns freuen, wenn wir Dich vielleicht von einer Mitgliedschaft in unserem Verein überzeugen konnten. Für eventuelle Fragen steht unser Team natürlich immer gerne zur Verfügung. 

das smart-club Niedersachsen-Team

Zur smart-club Niedersachsen e.V.-Info-Seite

• Hello from Norway!
    I am thinking of getting my Roadster engine rebuilt/refurbed in Germany, so I am wondering. Is there anyone (the further north the better) you can recommend?

I have one week in the beginning of august where I hope to get this done.

This is how the engine sounds today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG9u6-dFpEs

Have changed so far:
    Timing chain
    water pump
    took of AC/dyno/waterpump belts
    gearbox oil
    and probably some other stuff I cant remember atm.

Getting tired of using time and money on stuff that isnt the problem.

• Hi Robert, and a warm welcome at our board! :0062:

Your car's sound isn't really nice. I don't think it's the engine itself though. Sounds more like peripheral eqipment. My first thought was water pump but that you already have changed as you said.

The very best address I can suggest is fismatec. It's in the south near Stuttgart/Heilbronn but Gerhard and his guys from fismatec are the best smart experts you ever could find.

Maybe Gerhard could give you advice if you sent him just email telling your problem and giving a link to the video.

Peter

sc-sig5.gif

• Thanks for the warm welcome and advice.

I sent fismatec an e-mail now. Hope they have some suggestions.

The car has been running a long time with this problem. Doesnt seem to be harming the engine... yet. Its loudness has been increasing slightly over a long time so its getting embarrassing driving around like that.
    Trying to find a solution has been a real pain in the.... you know... ;)

Best Regards
    Robert.

• hehe that's how I feel at work :0082:

Probably best enquiring on here anyhow, as it's a German workshop rebuild he is after.

Maybe it's a diesel?? :0117: :0092:

ssss.png

• Hi again.
    Are they known to be fast at replying mails at fismatec?
    I sent them a mail (to anfrage@fismatec.com) on the 26.6 and havent recieved any reply yet. Am abit afraid that my mail have been marked as spam cause of my youtube link. :p

• Hi,

26th was yesterday, and yesterday was Sunday. They are not known to reply quite quick but they are not known for being working on Sunday though.

To be serious again, they really have lots to do and it might happen that their answer could need a couple of days. To be sure youre mail doesn't get marked as spam send it again without the youtube link and tell them to check the spam folder for the other mail with the link.

Peter

sc-sig5.gif

• My fault as well, I was going to say they are known to reply quite quick and not they are not known... probably I'm just tired. :0082: Sorry...

You also could call them, as far as I know English is not a problem for them.

Peter

sc-sig5.gif