Three bars of death - - -

Infos für Gäste und registrierte User ohne Vereinsmitgliedschaft

Hallo!

Schön, daß Du unsere Seite gefunden hast. Vielleicht hast Du Dich ja auch bereits bei uns registriert und interessierst Dich nun dafür, wer und was sich hinter dem smart-club Niedersachsen e.V. eigentlich verbirgt, warum wir uns als Verein haben eintragen lassen und warum Du vielleicht sogar ordentliches Mitglied dieses Vereins werden solltest. Der smart-club Niedersachsen e.V. bietet mehr, als nur diese Webseite. Was wir Dir anzubieten haben, kannst Du auf unserer entsprechenden eigens dafür eingerichteten Info-Seite nachlesen. Bitte folge einfach dem Link unten.

Viel Spaß bei der Lektüre! Wir würden uns freuen, wenn wir Dich vielleicht von einer Mitgliedschaft in unserem Verein überzeugen konnten. Für eventuelle Fragen steht unser Team natürlich immer gerne zur Verfügung. 

das smart-club Niedersachsen-Team

Zur smart-club Niedersachsen e.V.-Info-Seite

• Ok

The roadie started the following problem:

Changing down in slow traffic or when parking, suddenly no power three bars on dash, engine running. switching on and off does not work, battery disconnect and reconnect rests fault, and car will run, sometimes for 3 miles, sometimes 5 miles sometimes up to 90 miles then happens again.

OBD error code by breakdown services was P0702 - P0702 Transmission Control System Electrical, signal pending.

Have had the clutch actuator and wiring checked and cycled 45 times, it worked but removed, re greased with white lithium grease, refitted, bite point reset, cycled 90 times, worked ok, next day, 90 miles into a trip, - - - again. Battery reset again.

Checked brake lights, brake wiring harness. Ok earth cables removed, cleaned and refitted main earth cables, car ran for 120 miles, did to trip to Birmingham, coming back following day, total of 450 miles covered - - - when trying to restart car after being parked for 30 mins. Failed a total of 3 times within 5 miles before breakdown services gave in and ordered a tow truck to take car and I 180 miles home.

I suspect one or more of the following:

Clutch actuator, it's at 35% according to star.
    Gear postion sensor
    Clutch, it's done about 60,000 UK miles
    Brake light switch
    Brake wiring harness
    wiring to clutch actuator
    wiring to gear position sensor
    earth cables
    crankshaft position sensor

Anybody had experience of - - - bars occurring, and possible fixes please ? Peter what would Garsben look at please ?

John

• Hi John

Although I didn't speak to Garbsen yet from other who had similar problems I assume they probably would check in this order:

wiring to clutch actuator
    Clutch actuator
    wiring to gear position sensor
    Gear postion sensor
    Clutch
    Gearbox

The brake light switch and/or brake wiring harness I think both could be excluded. Brake wiring doesn't have influence on transmission control system. If it was the brake light switch nothing would happen. You even couldn't put in a gear. The display wouldn't show the bars but either 0 or N.

Earth cables always are good for causing even strange faults. But I don't think it's an earth cable. At least usually the 3 bars come up from other reasons.

Crankshaft position sensor is not known for causing this fault so can be excluded too methinks.

Peter

sc-sig5.gif

• Hi Peter

Strangely enough the brake light wiring harness will produce this fault, next time you (ok somebody does it for you :0121:) has the back off the roadster, try starting the engine with the wiring harness disconnected......

JC